Hello! If this is your first chat with me, my name is Gillian. I’ve done a few posts, and people actually read them (still in shock), so I figured maybe y’all would like to know a little more about me. Here we go!
I was born and raised in sunny Florida! The ocean, I believe is the cure for just about anything. I am one of 7 children, not all from the same parents; we were what you would call a blended family. By the time I was 5, my parents divorced; which is tough on all kids, doesn’t matter how young or old you are. I went to a small Christian school (it doubled as a church) that most of my family was very involved in. I played tons of sports, but my love was volleyball. The older I got, I began playing year around.
Shawn and I met when I was 16 at a Christmas party for my friends work, shortly after we began dating, and two months after I graduated high school in 2013 we eloped! At the time he was in the Army, so we moved to Fort Benning, Georgia. He got out of the Army in 2016, but we decided to buy our first home and plant our roots here. We now have two girls, Lola (2) and Piper (4 months) and two dogs! I am a stay at home mom, and it is hard freaking work. Maybe I’ll do a blog about that? Shawn and I are not perfect parents, but we’re doing a dang good job since the girls are all happy, healthy, clothed, and fed!
Growing up I suffered a lot of trauma. Because of that, during my teenage years I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and PTSD. I struggled with self harm and an eating disorder, and literally by the grace of God, I am still here. I would be lying if I said I don’t get urges. I really don’t think those are things that just go away. It’s a choice that I make every single day to be the best version of myself I can be. I have found healthy alternatives, like CrossFit and writing; but it is honestly still a struggle. These “struggles” have honestly shaped who I have become, and becoming a mom has really taught me how detrimental self care and self love really is. Lately, I’ve been trying to do more of what makes my soul happy. My goal in life is to raise strong children who know their worth and never doubt that they are loved.
On a much lighter note, here are some useless facts about me!
- I love coffee, duh.
- I do CrossFit and olympic weightlifting.
- When I chew gum, I split it in half (while chewing) and chew with a piece on each side.
- I tend to purge my clothes like every 3 months.
- I lived in Virginia for 4-ish months.
- I hate folding laundry and doing the dishes.
- Lately, I’ve been telling Lola that the “lunchable-makers” forget to put the cookies in there, and I eat them…usually in my closet.
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Jersey Shore are my guilty pleasures.
- I went vegan at about 4 moths pregnant with Piper.
- I’m not a vegan anymore.
- I love the beach, and we want to move back. But we also love where we live now.
- Becoming a mom has made me a morning person, I used to HATE mornings.
- I’m annoyed with talking about myself!
I hope y’all learned plenty! Comment one or a few random facts about yourself, lets be friends!
PS: Do you know how hard it was to find a picture fairly recent picture of JUST ME?! I was pregnant with Piper here, I LOVE being pregnant…anyways, I’ll plan better next time! (;